AudioVerse is growing and we need help in the maintenance and ongoing development across our many web-based applications. We are looking for a full-time web developer to assist with some of these development needs:
1. Public-facing desktop and mobile websites
2. Internal administrative website
3. Native mobile apps for the iOS and Android platforms
4. Restful API's written in support of the above projects
5. Many new projects in the future
If this sounds interesting to you, please keep reading!
A Bit About Working for AudioVerse
AudioVerse is a small ministry that is making a big impact. Started in 2005, the ministry has delivered tens of millions of sermons around the world and has touched untold numbers of lives. We are passionately dedicated to advancing the last-day mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church through an elegant integration of God’s unchanging Word with modern, ever-changing technology. Our team is small, resourceful, exceptional, hard-working, and laser-focused on reaching as many people as possible with high-quality Bible messages.
A few more tidbits:
- Full-time - We need someone who is ready to commit to working with us full-time. If you aren’t available on a full-time basis immediately, but would be in the near future, we’d still like to hear from you.
- Pay - Wages will be in the range of $2, 700-3, 000 per month.
- Family and Health - We believe in the importance of family and health, so we do our best to accommodate a balanced life with flexible work arrangements and no crazy hours. Of course, there may be moments when things get a little more exciting and we all put in a bit more time, but those are the exceptions and not the norm.
- Driven by Excellence - Team members are evaluated by how well they excel in accomplishing goals and not how long they warmed their seat. Our expectations are high and we cheer for each other whenever we accomplish something amazing. We’re all about going the second mile.
- Remote is Okay - We do not require our software developers to work in the office, but we do try to schedule some regular face-time. So residence in the Chattanooga, TN area is preferred but not absolutely required. However, we are not accepting applicants outside the US at this time.
- Some Travel - Some travel may be expected throughout the year. These tend to be to places or events that we wouldn’t mind going to anyway.
- Powered by Prayer - We have staff worship and we pray for each other and all of our users everyday.
You’ll fit into our team if you...
- Love Jesus and are completely committed to finishing His Work by being an active member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Are confidently humble in your personal faith and technical skills
- Have respect for team members and can follow orders from the top
- Don’t bring your own agenda
- Are independent and get projects done
- Are a team player who excels at communicating clearly and kindly
- Take initiative to do better even when no one is watching
- Are curious, inquisitive, and eager to learn new things
- Are motivated by a missionary spirit