You Are Invited to Join with Other California Science Teachers To:
- Keep updated on NGSS implementation
- Gather at the Annual Conference
- Enhance Your Knowledge & Skills
- Share Teaching Tools & Resources
- Influence State Education Policy
As the advocate for high quality science education in California for more than 50 years, the California Science Teachers Association (CSTA) offers networking, professional development, and advocacy to ensure state policies and legislation support you in inspiring your students. Join our community of more than 2, 500 K-6, middle school, and high school science teachers, college faculty, and educators.
Stay Current on NGSS
Rely on CSTA to keep you informed of the latest developments on Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and Common Core implementation. Through the annual conference, updates on hot issues, newsletter and website resources, CSTA will help you understand the new requirements and provide beneficial ideas and strategies recommended by science teachers.
CSTA will keep you abreast of new standards and provide useful information to help you adapt your teaching.
Network at the California Science Education Conference
Your CSTA membership enables you to attend CSTA’s annual professional development conference at a discounted rate. This is the ideal place to discuss changes impacting California science teachers, and learn new methods to enhance your curriculum.
Become a Presenter
Members are encouraged to submit presentation proposals to share best practices, experiences, and ideas at the annual conference. Presenters gain additional registration discounts.
Discover Best Practices & Resources
New as well as experienced teachers appreciate CSTA’s range of resources:
- Connect with other science teachers regionally and state-wide
- Enhance your teaching and knowledge of science
- Gather information about best practices through networking
- Attend regional and statewide professional development seminars
- Become a mentor to support new teachers
- Gain leadership skills by joining the CSTA board and committees
Find Useful Teaching Tools
Be inspired and get critical information quickly on CSTA’s two robust websites.
On you’ll find the most current information on NGSS for California, job openings, links to free and low cost teaching resources, conference information, and member only resources.
Go to to learn how other teachers are adapting their curriculum in response to NGSS and Common Core as well as other classroom tips. You’ll also find:
- Calendar of events (which can be filtered by region)
- Science education news and free classroom tools
- California legislative and policy updates
- Award applications for you and your students
Impact Education Policy Decisions
You have a voice in Sacramento through CSTA. As the advocate for high quality science education in California for more than 50 years, the California Science Teachers Association has influenced state education policies and assures that science teachers’ views are represented.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Join with other teachers who share your passion for science, want to inspire their students, and have realized the benefits of an association advocating their interests at