A fast-paced and dynamic future awaits you in the computer-related fields. Whether it's maintaining computer networks, building and maintaining websites, or writing and analyzing computer code, Phoenix College is a great place to begin your computer training!
Our state of the art computer labs give you hands-on experience in today's technologies, and you can even advance to the university level with our transfer partnership in Computer Information Systems.
The Web Developer Program prepares a software developer to properly create and maintain web applications. In addition to web page development, this certificate prepares software developers to fully manage and develop corporate web systems using interactive applications. Developers will be able to write programs to manage corporate database via the web.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Web Design is intended for those interested in designing and maintaining web pages for personal or small business use.
Program Certificate and Degree
In this program you can earn the following:
Skills and Knowledge
Skills and knowledge gained in the Web Design Program include the ability to:
- Create and manipulate images and artwork.
- Apply basic animation techniques in the creation, manipulation, and editing of Flash animation graphics.
- Design software for Web sites, including client-side script and Common GateWay Interface (CGI) scripting.
- Apply web development skills to electronic commerce.
Skills and knowledge gained in the Web Developer Program include the ability to:
- Design and create presentations using the world Wide Web authoring hypertext markup language (HTML).
- Write and execute UNIX scripts.
- Use Extensible Markup Language (XML) to make documents smarter, simplify Web automation and to communicate between databases.